Well, since I made this blog, I should write in it once in a while. I spend most of my time playing around with the backgrounds. :)
We just finished out 3rd week of school. Boy was I happy to realize that Monday is a holiday! Woo-Hoo! School is actually going fairly well this year (last year was horrible with a capital H). I think I'm just still in summer mode.
Our favorite thing is history and grammar this year. We are doing Mystery of History I and First Language Lessons. They are a lot of fun. The kids love memorizing the little poems and doing copywork and dictation based on the silly stories we read.
Math is still the bane of my kid's existence. This bugs me because I LOVE math. I used to do Calculus just for the fun of it. Alas, so far none of my kids have shown the same weird affection for math.
We were going to try to get out every Friday and do a nature study. So far we've been once. It was so much fun though! We went to Floyd Lamb and just explored most of the day. The next week, B sprained his ankle playing soccer in the back yard so we stayed home. Last week I forget why we didn't do anything. Probably my laziness.
I will post a scrapbook layout I did about our adventure. I was doing
the second page to the layout last night when my ancient, wheezy
computer decided it didn't want to play anymore and just shut down.
Poof! It was gone into cyberspace. I haven't had the energy to start
it over.

Love the scrap book layout! We start school Tuesday. Not sure I am ready...but here we go...
ReplyDeleteCalculus for fun? EEEKK! That scares me!
I lived 5 mins from Floyd Lamb. I did not go there nearly enough. I love that park!