7/31/12

One Thousand Gifts (61 - 70)




Ingratitude.  It's the enemy's tool to destroy us.  It causes us to be discontent; to always want more.  I find that I am guilty of this.  In fact, my entire life has been characterized by ingratitude. Looking back, I cannot remember a time when I felt truly grateful for the things I have been given (tangible and intangible). Maybe it's a product of living in a land of abundance and freedom and in a family that God blessed with enough. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! :)

Regardless.... I have renewed my journey to be grateful. And in the process, God promises that I will fin joy and contentment as well.

The first five things in this list were written months ago. It was at then that I seem to have forgotten, again, to be grateful.


61.  Thankful that there was only smoke, no fire!

62.  For a windy day in which to blow the smoke out of the house!

63.  Friends who show up or call at just the right time

64.  A husband who knows when I need a break, and insists on it.

65.  God's hand of guidance on the doctor, and protection on my friend as she underwent surgery....again.

66.  Rain in the desert!

67. Air conditioning.  Because even in the rain it is still HOT!

68.  Being so blessed to have all of our needs met and many of our wants too.

69.  Quiet in the house (at least for another 5 minutes)

70.  Rain!  I know I just said it but it bears repeating.  We see so little of it..  

1 comment:

  1. Terry, this is so true of me as well. Why??? Why, do we do this??? I want to see the gifts the Lord has given me and be so very grateful!!! I have been slacking with my gifts, so this post has spurred me on to write more...
    THANKS : )

    ReplyDelete