1/1/15

365:1 and One Thousand Gifts (581 -585)

It's 2015, and still no flying cars.  When I was a kid, I thought for sure we would have colonized Mars and would all have our own personal spaceships by the year 2000. But alas, I still live on earth, and I am still driving my big, ugly 12 seat passenger van.  That's okay though.  That ugly van, means that I can chauffeur around 7 of the most awesome people I know.

I normally make a lot of resolutions that I don't keep in the new year.  This year, I heard about having one word to focus on for the year - to keep at the forefront of all decisions, actions and relationships.  I found that idea kind of intriguing.  I gave it a lot of thought and came up with the word:  Restore.

Restore my health, faith, family, joy, marriage.  Although none of those things have been taken away, they have grown somewhat stale.  Just going through the motions, you know? So, my goal for 2015, and the rest of my life, is to  restore the gusto, the feeling, the delight to my life and to all my relationships.

Jesus came so that I may have life and have it abundantly.  (John 10:10)  I don't think God intends for any of us to go through life on autopilot.

I'm starting another 365 project.  That means, a photo each day for the next year.  I'm also continuing with my gratitude journal.  I'm hoping to reach my 1,000 gifts this year.  I am so amazingly blessed each and every day.  Not sure why I sometimes have trouble verbalizing these gifts.

So, without further ado........

Mr Baseball and his dog.

581.  Safe, low key New Years Eve

582.  Kids got to stay up till midnight for the first time

583.  Playing games all evening long with them. (I got beat badly at the memory match game!)

584.  My husband, who is willing to run all over the city to find gloves that fit the kids so we can go play in the snow tomorrow.

585.  Listening to my Boo sound out hard words.  She's becoming such a good reader!

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Terrie! Great writing my friend! I read this last night and have been pondering if I should have a word for my year. I have been thinking maybe "Simplify" or "Rest". Is that even possible for this world?

    I am also thinking about still counitng my gifts. It is a way to keep me focused on the good things. Sometimes I can be so negative in my mind.
    blessings and Happy New Year to you and your family!
    Great handsome shot my friend!

    ReplyDelete