5/22/11

First post

I have finally given in and joined the ranks of bloggers.  I am not a writer so please don't expect flowery prose or even a coherent sentence!  This blog exists primarily to keep extended family and friends updated about our life.  It also exists to keep me accountable with our school. 

For those of you who don't know our story, I'll give you the Reader's Digest version.  Hubby and I have been married for nearly 13 years.  I have 2 beautiful daughters from a previous marriage.  

Hubby and I decided to expand our family through adoption.  We adopted our son from an orphanage in the Philippines in July 2004.  

A year later I said "Honey, I want a little girl."  We opted this time to adopt through the foster system.  We got our little girl.  She came with a bonus boy (her little brother).  What a blessing!  

A few months later we were given the option of welcoming their newborn baby sister into our home.  We weren't sure at first, but at the ripe ole age of 12 days, A came home to us.  What a happy family we were!  

In 2008, we got a call asking if we wanted to adopt a 3 month old girl.  Hubby said "Are you crazy?"  I said "I think so."  He said "Ok, then" and I went to pick up H that day.  

Two years later, we were blessed to bring two of her siblings home to join our family. 

So, here we are, a year and a half later.  We are an average, above average sized, Jesus loving, homeschooling family. :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the land of blogging! You will love it! And I might add, what a sweet family you have been blessed with!
    thanks for throwing me a bone...I will be checking you out often... : )

    ReplyDelete