I can't believe my beautiful Ladybug is turning 8 tomorrow. I remember with total clarity, that November afternoon 6 years ago when I first set eyes on her and S. Oh, C was a doll! At that time, I had no idea she would be mine forever. She came to us, quite abruptly, from another foster home. Her foster parents had decided to move out of state. C was so brave. I came up the walkway to her house and she was standing out in the front yard with her dog. It was a chow and it was bigger than she was! I'm told she used to ride it like a horse. I couldn't communicate with her because she spoke only Spanish. But with a very bewildered look on her face, she obediently climbed in the car and came home with me. The only English word she spoke was "McDonalds". She pointed out every one of them on our way home. Only she pronounced it something like "Abbadabba's". When we got home, she walked into the house like she owned the place. Saw the tv, turned it on and sat down to watch. I turned it off and took her, S and B out to the trampoline. It took her a long time before she stopped watching and waiting for her foster parents to come back. Slowly though, we became her family. Nearly two years later, we became a legal family as well as a family in our heart.
Here she was then:
And here she is now
C is turning into such a beautiful young lady. I don't mean physically either, although she is a beauty. C has such a good heart. She is so loving and compassionate. She accidentally kicked another child today at the park. He walked under the monkey bars while she was climbing on them. She did her best to comfort him and then came to me almost in tears because she hurt another person. C is the first one to try and take care of an injured bug and nurse it back to health. She is sensitive to everyone's moods and works hard to cheer up those who are sad, make peace between those who are angry and rejoice with those who are happy! She wants very much to be a missionary. I am so proud of her! God has truly blessed us with our sweet little Ladybug. Thank you Lord!

Wow...Sooo sweet! Praise JESUS! She is a doll! And thank you sooo much for the encouraging words...The LORD never spoke clearly to me or Ray that we would be adopting...We just took a chance on putting ourselves out there and our hope is that the LORD will bless us with 1, or 2 or 3 little ones:) Either way we are already blessed with the sweet moments we get to have with these little ones...
ReplyDeleteOh my, what a sweet post! And what a sweet girl she is! I did not know that she only spoke spanish! Wow! Does she still speak it? I will never get the image out of my mind of her running down the isle to her daddy (Jesus) and him lifting her up. So sweet! You are blessed!
ReplyDelete