Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper
and be in health, even as your soul prospers.
3 John 1:2
"T" turned 9 a few weeks ago. I am so proud of the young man he is growing to be. When he walked through our door nearly three years ago, he brought with him pages and pages of negative diagnosis from so-called professionals. I was really worried that we had gotten in over our heads. But this boy continues to amaze me! He is so kind and gentle. He loves to share with all of us. When he gets snacks from baseball, he has been known to give away all of his cookies just to bless his siblings. He is sensitive and a little shy. And did I mention handsome? Just look at that face! God is doing a work in this young man's heart. I am so lucky I was chosen to be his mama!
My baby Boo is 5. I know it's silly but age 5 is kind of like a turning point for me. It's the age where they move out of babyhood in to full fledged childhood. She even lost her first tooth not long ago. I'm a little sad but I guess she'll always be my baby. Boo has really blossomed in the last few years. We welcomed her home when she was just barely 4 months old. Life had not been good for her up to that point. She was very fearful of everyone except us. It took nearly two years for her trust in people to be restored. She is now silly and outgoing, even a little daring. At the same time, she is so sensitive. She breaks down into sobs if I look at her cross. I love her with all my heart and I continually thank God for bringing Boo to us.



I really can't believe she is five! I remember when you first brought her home! So sweet! And I can't believe it has been 3 years already with the other two. Terrie, you are doing amazing! God is so good and is clearly working through you! Praise Jesus!
ReplyDeleteBTW, don't watch October Baby in front of the kids. Just watched it last night (alone)! Heavy! Did you see it?
Thanks for the vote of confidence. It's been a rough couple of months. But you are right. God is good. He brought us together so He must know something that I don't!
DeleteI've not seen October Baby. I want to though. Hoping that it comes out on Netflix soon.