I am obviously waaaay far behind on my picture-a-day challenge. I will finish it! It may take another year though.
I found the post below that I started writing a few days or so after my last post.
From September...............
Well, I bailed on the unschooling thing. I couldn't take it. The kids were doing NOTHING academic! However, I did relax a bit more. I'm more willing to chase bunny trails now, rather than being tied to the curriculum. The kids, however, did something that was pretty awesome!
My son, Tigger, loves to do crafts; particularly rubber band crafts. He has a bucket full of dragons, figures (dolls), animals, necklaces, bracelets and more that he has created. The kids decided to partner in business together. We live in a cul-de-sac across the street from an elementary school. Right before school let out, they set up a little table at the corner, displaying all the rubber band creations.
They sold $12 worth of merchandise the first day. They went out about 3 days in a row before the inevitable happened. Someone got greedy. Then the fighting started. The partnership was dissolved. It was a sad ending.
Fast forward to today (March 2016). That spirit of entrepreneurship has not left them.
**Ladybug now babysits
**Knight and Tigger cat sit.
**Mr. Baseball is working in partnership with a youth pastor from Arizona to spread the gospel of Jesus on Instagram. (Hope_In_Numbers_Las_Vegas) They are also setting up an online store to benefit the youth pastor's ministry. He also earns money by working around the house - mowing the lawn, trimming trees and many of the other things on my husband's "honey-do" list.
**Some of the younger ones want to start critter sitting - Caring for caged critters. (We're still considering that)
I can't believe lady bug baby sits!!!! I follow your boy on Instagram and he is so tall and lanky!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are back!