4/27/19

One Thousand Gifts (797 - 803)

Another six months have passed. I had good intentions but life happened hard and fast. Not gonna lie, I haven’t been able to find many things to be thankful for these past months. Life has beat me up pretty bad. There are times when I walk through depression, anger and self pity. Things begin to look pretty dark and hopeless.  Then there are times when I take my eyes off myself and look up.  That’s when God speaks.....

He (God) heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name
Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.
The Lord sustains the humble
but casts the wicked to the ground.

Psalm 147:3-6

He may not change my circumstances but He gives me strength to walk through them and He uses the negative to refine me and make me into the person He created me to be. What an amazing God I serve!

The first three photos are from six months-ish ago. The rest are more recent.

797. My little grandson Wolfie! Love him so much! I am so blessed to be able to be with him every day. He's going to be moving across town soon so I won't be seeing much of him.  But I know he will love his new home!

798.  God's creation.  I am continually awed by the way He paints His world.

799.  My boys got to go to their first Homecoming dance.  They are so handsome!



800.  We have been blessed to share our home and lives with this amazing girl. I love her more each day. The selfish part of me never wants her to leave.

801.  My beautiful niece.  Her life here on earth was much too short but I am so grateful to have had her in my life.  She was (is) so very loved.

802.  My mom. She's had such a rough year.  But, the result of her recent PET scan are in.  Drum roll please!  NED! No Evidence of Disease.  Take that, cancer! Now, other meds can be resumed and life can be enjoyable again for her.  

803.  More of  God's creation....

Blood Moon

Hawk circling over the softball field.  I missed my girl's at bat cause I was so focused on this guy.

No clue what kind of bird this is.  It's a beautiful change from sparrows and pigeons though.

Ladybug loves soccer

1 comment:

  1. HI!!! I am sorry you have had a rough go lately...
    I am glad to see you on here. We have had a pretty rough start to the new year as well...
    and sweet Leah is playing softball. Trish would of loved that! : )

    ReplyDelete