3/29/12

P52 "Details" (Week 13)

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

I've been thinking a lot about details this week in response to the challenge.  I have realized that life is lived in the details.  I spend so much of my time on "top level" things such as getting meals together, schooling the kids, daily chores, etc. that I have missed those all important details.

Yesterday we watched a science documentary on Netflix called "God of Wonders".  I was, once again, struck by the perfect way that God has orchestrated the details of the universe,  plants and animals to work in perfect harmony to sustain and promote life.

Did you know that the type of bird, and where it is on the food chain, determines how it takes off?

Just a few weeks ago, the tree was covered with beautiful white flowers.  Now, in their place, are tiny apricots.  How amazing is that!  


I am working my way through the parenting book "Shepherding a Child's Heart" with a group of ladies from my homeschool group.  What an enlightening and convicting book that is!  Successful parenting lies in the details.  Taking the time to have a long talk with a child who has strayed; and really listening to what the child has to say.  Or, admiring a painting they took so much time to create.  And listening to the story behind the painting.

I need to refocus my attention to the details.  The laundry can wait.  Gourmet meals can wait.  (Okay, I never make gourmet meals!!) For the next few days, school can wait.  I think I will go smell some roses!


5 comments:

  1. Amen Girl! That is a great book! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing more precious than giving your time to your child(ren). The blessings from that time will come back tenfold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is such a blessing. It is so true. Life is what happens in the details.

    ReplyDelete